An accident, or crash report, is usually filed by the officer who responds to your accident. Your insurance company and the courts often rely on the information in this report to help determine your recovery. Reviewing a copy of your report is one of the best ways you can be sure it is accurate and help your case.
If you have been involved in an accident in Bedford you may request your report in the following ways.
Let us get your Bedford Police Department Crash Report.
Provide us with the details of your accident and we’ll get a copy of the report for you.
*Please note, this service is available to anyone involved in a crash that needs help getting a copy of their report, not other law firms or insurance companies.
How to request a copy of your Bedford Crash Report
Traffic crash reports can be requested from the Bedford Police Department online or in person. Whether searching online or making a request in person, you will need at least three pieces of information, the date of the crash, crash location and the name of a person involved in the accident.
Online Accident Reports
Search for your crash report online by clicking one of the following links:
Be prepared to enter the following information to search for your report:
- State and Jurisdiction
- Report number; or
- Last name of someone involved in the accident; and
- Date of the accident
Please note regarding the above online vendors:
- LexisNexis/PoliceReports.US will most likely have the Crash report available sooner but charges a slightly higher fee than the Texas Department of Transportation.
- Fees for the online purchase of online reports are established by Lexis and TxDOT
- Questions for TxDOT may be directed to (512) 486-5780.
Request a Copy of Your Report In Person
Reports can also be requested in person. The Bedford Police Records Division recommends you contact them at (817) 952-2425 before you begin your search.
Crash reports may be obtained in person at the Bedford Police Department Records Counter for $6.00/report. Counter hours are Mon - Fri from 8 am to 5 pm.
Bedford Police Department Records
Bedford, TX 76021
Important to Note When Obtaining A Copy of Your Accident Report
● All reports may not be available, and the state of TX mandates which report can be released.
● Contact Bedford Records main number (817) 952-2425 or email: PD.Records@bedfordtx.gov with questions.
Have You Been Injured In a Car Accident?
If you or a loved one was in a car accident, and especially if you were injured, getting your Bedford police report is only the first step. Contact The Francis Firm today by filling out our form or giving us a call at 817-329-9001 to schedule a free personal injury consultation.