Request a Copy of Your Grapevine Accident Report
If you are involved in a traffic accident responded to by the Grapevine Police Department, officers will write a report of the incident.
This traffic accident report often becomes an important piece of information for an insurance claim or court case.
Requesting a copy of your accident report is the best way to ensure all the details of your crash were recorded correctly.
If you have been involved in a traffic accident in Grapevine, you may request your report online, in person, by mail, email, or fax.
If you were injured in an accident, you should contact an experienced Texas car accident attorney as soon as possible.
Let us get your Grapevine Police Department Accident Report
Provide us with the details of your accident and we’ll get a copy of the report for you.
Why are Accident Reports Important?
A Fort Worth car accident report includes all the information from your accident. You can use this accident report to tell your insurance company about the crash and file a personal injury claim against the at-fault driver.
When a police officer arrives at the scene of an accident, they create a report that contains details about the crash. Accident reports include the officer's account of the accident and any other information and observations.
Accident reports contain the following information:
- Date, time, and location of the crash;
- People involved in the crash, along with their insurance information;
- If a ticket was administered, and if so, to who and for what violation;
- Weather and road conditions during the crash;
- Vehicular damage;
- Involved parties' injuries; and
- Any other relevant information
You should obtain a copy of your Fort Worth car accident report as soon as possible after a crash.
By doing so, you can review what the reporting officer observed at the scene of the accident. These details are valuable to your personal injury or wrongful death claim.
Request Your Grapevine Police Report Online
Crash reports may be obtained online using the Texas Department of Transportation's (TxDOT) Crash Report Online Purchase System.
To search for a report, you will need to enter the following information:
- Report ID
- Name of Person Involved in Crash
- Crash Date
- County and City
Important Notes About your Online Grapevine Accident Report Request
- Once the required information is entered, the report may be purchased using a major credit card and then printed. The cost to obtain an online report is $6.00.
- Once posted online, accident reports will remain available via the internet.
- Please allow three to five business days from the time of the accident to access your report. If the report you are looking for is unavailable and it has been five or more business days please contact the Grapevine Police Records department at (817) 410-3218.
Important to Note When Obtaining A Copy of Your Grapevine Accident Report
- All records functions are performed by a staff of civilian employees, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- If you have questions or need more information, contact the Grapevine Police Records department at (817) 410-3218.
Have You Been Injured In a Car Accident?
If you or a loved one was in a car accident, and especially if you were injured, getting your Grapevine police report is only the first step. Contact The Francis Firm today by filling out our form or giving us a call at 817-329-9001 to schedule a free personal injury consultation.