Truck Accident Lawyer With a Track Record of Success In Keller
Being in a crash with a truck or other large vehicle can mean severe personal injuries, a lengthy recovery, and significant damages.
A knowledgeable Keller truck accident lawyer can make sure you bring the strongest claim possible, help you obtain the medical care you need, and help hold the responsible parties and their insurance companies liable for the accident.
What Should You Look for When Choosing a Truck Accident Lawyer in Keller, Texas?
First and foremost, you need an attorney who will help you obtain the medical care and treatments you need to recover.
Because truck wrecks often result in serious injuries, the damages incurred by the victim can be significant. You may be able to recover for your out-of-pocket costs, such as medical and hospital bills, doctor’s visits, prescription costs, and the cost of fixing or replacing your vehicle. You may also be able to recover for your general damages, like your pain and suffering, lost wages if you are unable to work, and your diminished quality of life after the collision.
Look for an experienced attorney who can discuss with you your rights, options, and possible next steps and strategies in your case. Truck accidents are often complicated, and you need a lawyer who is knowledgeable about this area of law, as well as about the procedures involved in bringing such a complex claim against the parties who caused your crash.
Hire a lawyer whom you trust to be a skilled negotiator. Negotiating on your own is an uphill battle and one which potentially pits you against a large company and insurer, whose aim will be to minimize your recovery amount as much as possible. An experienced Keller truck accident lawyer can be very helpful, evening out the playing field as they advocate on your behalf.
How Do Truck Accidents Commonly Happen?
Truck accidents can happen in the blink of an eye, and they may be caused by several different parties:
- The driver of the truck can cause an accident through reckless or aggressive driving. This may include speeding, following too closely, failing to yield, changing lanes without signaling, cutting in front of another vehicle, or otherwise driving in a negligent manner, leading to an accident.
- The driver may cause an collision if they are drowsy or fatigued, driving for a longer period of time than is considered safe. Additionally, trucking accidents are sometimes caused by driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or by distracted driving, such as the unlawful use of electronic devices. These facts can be gathered and proven with the help of an experienced lawyer
- The trucking company’s negligence can also contribute to the accident, particularly if the company has neglected its fleet of vehicles. The trucking company has a duty to maintain and inspect its trucks periodically, to ensure that the trucks do not break down on the road, causing a dangerous accident. When they fail to do so, they may be liable for the injuries suffered by others as a result.
- Improperly loaded cargo, or overweight cargo. If cargo is not loaded properly, it can affect the handling and performance of the vehicle resulting in an accident.
- Faulty manufacturing. In some cases, truck accidents are caused by a manufacturer or design defect in the truck itself, such as faulty brakes or tires.
Truck accidents commonly result in serious personal injuries to others on the road. This is partly because of the sheer size of commercial vehicles: when a truck is involved in a wreck, it can easily crush the occupants of the other vehicle. In commercial vehicle crashes, smaller cars will tend to absorb most of the impact, making serious injuries more likely. Moreover, many truck accidents tend to occur on highways, which means they tend to happen at higher speeds.
What Kinds of Injuries Result?
Some of the serious personal injuries that result from truck accidents include:
- Concussions, head injuries, and traumatic brain injuries
- Back, neck, and spinal injuries, potentially including paralysis
- Internal injuries
- Abrasions, fractures, cuts, bruises, and soft tissue injuries
What is The Process of Recovery After a Truck Accident?
Generally, the process begins when your lawyer files a claim against the truck driver, the trucking company, and any insurance companies involved.
The presence of multiple parties can make truck accident cases quite complex. Your lawyer may need to establish liability against several parties, in some cases—for example, the truck driver may be liable for reckless driving, but the trucking company may also be liable for failing to maintain its fleet properly, contributing to your mishap.
Your lawyer will also need to assess and prove your damages, which are the monetary expenses you have incurred as a result of the crash. Establishing liability and damages in a negligence case, such as a truck accident, can be difficult, but having a knowledgeable attorney can make all the difference.
Once your lawyer files your claim, you will need to negotiate with the parties and their insurance companies for a fair and reasonable settlement. If a settlement agreement does not result, your attorney will prepare your case for trial, investigate the facts of your case, preserve and present important evidence, and argue for your best interests in court.
How Can the Francis Firm Help?
Our truck accident lawyers serving Keller, Texas will discuss your rights, options, and possible legal strategies with you.
Your lawyer can meet with you in Keller to go over the details of your claim, investigate the facts, and interview potential witnesses. We will work with you to ensure you are receiving the medical care you need throughout your recovery, and we will negotiate a fair and reasonable settlement offer with the other parties and their insurance companies.
The truck accident lawyers of the Francis Firm have decades of experience litigating cases involving trucks and other commercial motor vehicles. If you or someone you love suffers a personal injury in Keller TX, call us now! You don’t have to fight this battle alone. Please reach out to us online or call us at (817) 329-9001 today for a free, no-obligation consultation. With our office in Southlake, we serve communities throughout the Dallas – Fort Worth area and throughout the state of Texas including Irving, Bedford, and Grapevine.