Attorneys for Victims with Brain Injury and Post-Concussion Syndrome in Texas
At The Francis Firm, our brain injury attorneys are here to help and ready to fight for you. If you or someone you love has suffered a head injury, do not risk attempting to handle the claim on your own. For more than 25 years, our trial attorneys have aggressively represented clients with head injuries in courtrooms throughout the State of Texas. Let the experienced attorneys at The Francis Firm help you understand your rights, get the medical care you need and the compensation you deserve.
Identifying Mild Brain Injuries and Their Causes
If you have been in an accident in which you hit your head or your body was shaken rapidly, it is important for you and your family members to keep an eye out for potential signs of concussion or brain injury. The following are some of the most common symptoms of traumatic brain injuries:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Forgetfulness and memory problems
- Difficulty carrying out work responsibilities
- Personality changes and mood swings
- Vision loss
- Hearing loss
If you have experienced these symptoms and are not sure whether they are related to your accident, you owe it to yourself to see a doctor and get some answers. If it turns out that you do have a brain injury, you can then begin the process of treatment, recovery and seeking compensation.
Brain Injury Facts
- A loss of consciousness is not required for someone to suffer a concussion or traumatic brain injury
- A brain injury is typically diagnosed based upon the patient’s symptoms and not diagnostic test results
- A negative brain MRI or CT scan does not mean someone did not suffer a significant brain injury
Brain Injury Verdicts & Settlements
$1,970,000 | Drunk Driver Causes Brain Injury
An out of state Defendant consumed alcohol at a Weatherford restaurant until her blood alcohol level was nearly three times the Texas legal limits before attempting to drive back to her hotel at night and on the wrong side of the roadway, without using headlights. During this process, she struck a vehicle driven by a gentleman running errands near his home. The collision resulted in multiple injuries, including a mild traumatic brain injury. Suit was brought, resulting in settlements totaling $1,970,000. After fees, expenses and the repayment of medical liens and bills, our client recovered $1,100,829.
$1,050,000 | Truck Wreck Causes Back and Head Injury
A man driving a commercial tanker truck without the required CDL license struck a vehicle occupied by a husband and wife stopped on I-35 due to heavy traffic. Our firm was able to obtain a settlement for our clients for in the insurance policy limits of the trucking company and our clients’ underinsured motorist limits in the amount of $1,050,000. The claims against the trucking company were settled in less than seventy-five days from the date of the collision. After fees, expenses and the repayment of medical liens and bills, our clients recovered $512,722.85.
$300,000 | One Vehicle Accident Causes Brain Injury
Our client was a passenger in her boyfriend’s truck when it rolled over because he was traveling too fast. Our client suffered various injuries, including a mild traumatic brain injury. Our office was able to settle the case shortly before trial for an amount several times greater than the Defendant’s insurance policy limits and the underinsured policy limits applicable to this collision. After fees, expenses and the repayment of medical liens and bills, our client recovered $140,839.89.
Helping You Seek Compensation for the Services You Need
Recovering from a concussion or brain injury is a multi-step process. The first step is the acute medical treatment that you get when you go to the hospital after an accident. Once your medical condition is stable, the following services may help you achieve additional improvements:
- Rehabilitation: In the aftermath of a brain injury, rehabilitative services such as occupational therapy and physical therapy may help you restore some abilities that have become impaired due to your brain injury.
- Supportive services: Unfortunately, many brain injuries have irreversible consequences that can interfere with daily living. There are a variety of life care services available that can help people cope with the consequences of permanent brain damage.
Our attorneys will help you find doctors, therapists, rehabilitation specialists and life care planners to carefully document what it will take to ensure you or your loved one makes the fullest possible recovery from a brain injury. Our goal is to get you the compensation you need and deserve to get your life back in order.
Contact Us Today
The trial lawyers at The Francis Firm have decades of experience litigating brain injury cases. We provide the legal expertise and financial resources necessary to fight insurance companies and pursue justice for you in the courtroom. If you or a loved one suffered a head injury, we can help. We offer free personal injury consultations. If you are unable to come to our Southlake office, we will come to you. When you hire The Francis Firm for your personal injury claim, there will never be any legal fees or costs until we recover money for you. Let the experienced trial lawyers at The Francis Firm help you understand your rights, get the medical care you need and fight for the settlement you deserve. Contact us today at (817) 329-9001.
Recent Verdicts & Settlements
With over twenty million dollars recovered for clients, you can trust our experience and proven track record to get you the maximum possible recovery.SEE RECENT VERDICTS & SETTLEMENTS
- $2,250,000: Wrongful Death
- $1,970,000: Vehicle Collision
- $1,250,000: Car Accident
- $1,050,000: Truck Collision
- $1,000,000: Truck Accident
- $900,000: Vehicle Collision
- $775,839: Commercial Litigation
- $600,000: Wrongful Death
- $565,000: Vehicle Collision
- $425,000: Product Liability
- $329,000: Commercial Litigation
- $206,545: Premises Liability
- $87,300: Arbitration Verdict