You may find it difficult to navigate the often-complex web of trucking regulations, insurance policies, and personal injury laws whenever truck accidents occur. Due to the seriousness and nature of the damage, truck accidents can have a significant emotional and financial toll on you and your family, which is why you need experienced truck accident lawyers in Southlake, Texas, to handle your case.
At The Francis Firm, we aim to ensure you receive the maximum compensation you deserve, including for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, or even the wrongful death of a loved one after a truck accident. Our knowledgeable and experienced lawyers will help investigate the accident, identify all liable parties, and aggressively fight for the compensation you deserve.
Why You Need a Lawyer After a Southlake Truck Accident
The importance of working with an experienced lawyer after a truck accident in Southlake, TX, can't be overstated. Below are some reasons you should consider hiring a lawyer if you're involved in a truck accident.
Complexities of the Case
Truck accidents are usually incredibly complex, as they may involve multiple parties and extensive insurance claims. A skilled truck accident lawyer understands how to navigate the legal system and maximize your compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Having an experienced legal mind in your corner is especially important when dealing with trucking companies and their insurance carriers. Trucking companies often work with reputable law firms to protect their financial interests and minimize payouts to injured parties. That is why you need a personal injury lawyer specializing in truck accidents to help level the playing field.
Protecting Your Rights
After a truck accident, it's not unusual to face pressure from insurance companies to settle quickly for less than you deserve. Truck accident lawyers in Southlake can protect your rights and ensure you receive the full compensation you are entitled to.
Your lawyer will also investigate the accident by working with expert witnesses to determine the cause and identify all potentially liable parties. They will then aggressively negotiate with the insurance companies to ensure you receive the highest possible settlement.
Dealing with a truck accident can be incredibly stressful and overwhelming. Your attorney will handle all of the paperwork and filings associated with your claim, freeing you to focus on what is most important — your recovery.
Working with a qualified lawyer will also increase your chances of receiving the compensation you need.
Steps to Take After a Southlake Truck Accident
If you've been in a truck accident in Southlake, Texas, you need to take certain steps to ensure that your rights are protected and that you are fully compensated for your losses:
Seek Medical Attention
The first step after a truck accident is to seek medical attention for any injuries. Even if you feel fine, it is important to have a medical professional evaluate your condition. It will not only ensure that you receive proper treatment but also provide important documentation for any potential insurance claims or legal action.
Contact the Police
Report the accident to the police and request a copy of the accident report. This report can provide valuable information and serve as key evidence in your injury case.
Document the Scene
If possible, take photos and make notes about the accident scene. This information can be critical in establishing fault and helping your truck accident lawyer build a strong case.
Collect the contact and insurance information of all parties involved in the accident and any witnesses' names and contact information.
Contact a Southlake Truck Accident Lawyer
Contact a truck accident lawyer as soon as possible. A truck accident lawyer will protect your rights, help you navigate the legal process, and ensure you take the right steps to maximize your chances of receiving the compensation you deserve.
Do Not Give Statements
Do not give any recorded statements to any insurance company until you consult a truck accident lawyer. Insurance companies may use your statements against you to reduce or deny your claim.
Keep records of all expenses related to the accident, including medical bills, lost wages, and property damage.
Determining Fault in a Southlake Truck Accident
Unlike car accidents, proving fault in a truck accident case can be complex since multiple parties may be involved. In Southlake, Texas, fault for a truck accident may be attributed to one or more of the following parties:
- The truck driver. Drivers may be at fault for the accident if they were operating the vehicle recklessly, while intoxicated, or if any traffic laws were broken.
- The trucking company. The trucking company may be at fault if they fail to maintain the truck properly or violate any truck driver hours or safety regulations.
- The manufacturer. Truck or component manufacturers may be at fault if there was a defect in the design or manufacture of the truck that contributed to the accident.
- Other drivers. Other drivers on the road may also be at fault if they were driving aggressively, recklessly, or violating traffic laws.
It is important to note that Texas uses the comparative negligence standard, which means you can recover damages even if you're partially at fault as long as you're not more than 50% liable for the accident. An experienced lawyer can help determine the at-fault parties in the accident and help you recover the damages you deserve.
Causes of Truck Accidents in Southlake
Truck accidents can have devastating consequences and can be caused by various factors. In Southlake, some of the most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Driver error. One of the most common causes of truck accidents is driver error, which often includes distracted driving, speeding, and reckless driving.
- Fatigue. Long hours and tight schedules can lead to truck driver fatigue, a major contributor to truck accidents.
- Poor maintenance. Failing to do the necessary maintenance on the truck, such as failing to replace worn brakes or tires, can increase the risk of an accident.
- Overloading. Overloading a truck can cause instability and make it more difficult to control, increasing the risk of an accident.
- Poor weather conditions. Bad weather conditions, including rain storms, snow, or fog, can make it more difficult for truck drivers to see the road and make driving more dangerous.
- Equipment failure. A blown tire or a faulty brake system can also contribute to truck accidents.
- Improper training. Improper training of truck drivers, such as failing to provide proper training on handling hazardous materials, can also increase the risk of an accident.
Contact The Francis Firm Today For Legal Representation
Truck accidents are often characterized by huge damage and serious injuries. It is important to take immediate action to protect your rights and ensure the best possible outcome after a truck wreck. This gives you the upper hand, putting you in the best position to get justice and recover damages. Call The Francis Firm today at 817-329-9001 for a free initial consultation, and let us help you get the compensation you deserve. With our office in Southlake, we serve communities throughout area and throughout the state of Texas.