Car Accident Lawyer's in Texas
Texas is full of reckless drivers, and they cause many car accidents. Being hurt in a car accident is scary, stressful, and expensive. You face a pile of medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and uncertainty about what comes next.
Hiring an experienced Texas car accident lawyer may be just what you need. A car accident lawyer can ensure you get the money necessary to recover and get back on your feet. If you try to negotiate a settlement with the insurance company, you probably will wind up with far less than you deserve.
Learn everything you need to know about finding the right Texas auto injury attorney. Then, contact the Francis Firm if you have questions.
Why Do You Hire A Car Accident Lawyer?
Most people in minor car accidents simply file a case with their insurance company. That may work well if you aren’t injured. But a serious accident may mean severe and expensive injuries.
When your car accident leaves you with months of recovery and lost income, hiring the best auto injury attorney is the way to go. The car accident lawyer will aggressively negotiate with the insurance company to squeeze every dollar they can. If necessary, they will also fight for you in court for just compensation.
But even when someone is severely injured, they may hesitate to hire a lawyer. After all, don’t lawyers charge $400 per hour? Who can afford that when they’re laid up after a car accident?
Good news: Most Texas car accident lawyers operate on a contingency basis. This means you don’t pay a dime if the attorney doesn’t win. So, most car accident victims have nothing to lose by hiring a lawyer.
You also don’t want to rely on the other driver’s insurance company to pay fairly for your injuries and losses. The insurance adjuster’s job is to pay as little as possible. If you don’t have a lawyer, that is what they will do to you.
Other reasons you probably want to hire a car accident lawyer:
- You cannot find a doctor willing to treat you for accident-related injuries
- You cannot afford the upfront cost for the medical care you need
- You’re crippled with injuries that keep you out of work for weeks or months
- Several drivers were involved in the crash
- The police report contains mistakes regarding liability
- There was a hit-and-run driver
- You’re swamped with medical bills and avoiding treatment
- You can’t repair your car
- More than one person was injured
- Someone was killed in the accident
How Can A Car Accident Attorney in TX Help You?
Car accident lawyers are vital for people seriously injured in auto accidents. Your lawyer will help with the following:
- Performing a detailed investigation of the accident, going over police reports and medical records, and talking to eyewitnesses to support your case
- Show the circumstances of the accident and what led up to it
- Proving liability and constructing the case to prove it
- Establish a legal strategy to get you the most money
- Talk to and negotiate with insurance companies while you recover
- Representing you in court, if needed
When Should You Hire An Auto Injury Attorney?
Ideally, you should call a Texas car accident lawyer right after the accident. Some car accident victims call their attorneys when they are in the hospital. You should at least speak to an attorney in the first few hours after the accident because they can:
- Identify every potential insurance policy that can pay your damages
- Recover your lost earnings
- Negotiate with healthcare providers and reduce what you owe
- Estimate what your medical costs will be in the future
- Collect evidence to prove who caused the accident
- Negotiate with the other driver’s insurance company
- Find anyone liable for the crash
- Represent you in court if the insurance company won’t offer a fair settlement
It takes weeks and sometimes months of work to negotiate a fair auto accident settlement. Even if your accident left you with scrapes and a bump on the head, you might have more injuries than you think. Therefore, leaving the complex auto accident claim process with a skilled attorney is often best.
Talking to a car accident lawyer is usually free. There’s nothing to lose by running the case by your lawyer.
It Was A Minor Accident. Do I Need A Lawyer?
Many auto accidents seem minor at first, but there are serious injuries that may be unapparent. You may feel fine, but your brain bleed leads to severe outcomes a few days later.
Not at least talking to a car accident lawyer could be the worst mistake of your life. Even if the accident happened at a slow speed, you still could have serious injuries.
I Was Partially At Fault. Do I Still Have A Case?
You may think you were partially at fault. However, you should not admit this after the accident. It is always best to say as little as possible to the other driver. Likewise, when speaking to the police, do not admit fault. Simply stick to the facts of the accident.
In Texas, you can still sue for car accident injuries if you were not more than 50% liable for the accident. So, if you were less than 50% at fault, you could still get money for medical bills and lost earnings. It will be vital for your auto injury attorney to negotiate to reduce the amount of your blame for the accident.
How Can I Find An Auto Accident Attorney in Texas?
Many accident victims find their attorneys online. Look for an attorney with many positive reviews on Google Reviews, Yelp, and other online rating sites. Or, you can talk to friends and family who have used a good car accident lawyer before.
Once you find a few potential attorneys, look closely for these traits:
- Experience. You absolutely must have an attorney with years of proven experience in car accident cases.
- Success record. The attorney should be able to tell you about recent settlements, verdicts, and how much money was involved.
- Communication. The attorney should communicate well with you and be easy to contact. Also, look for someone who knows how to tell a good story. If the case goes to court, you will need an attorney to paint a picture for the jury.
- Professional. Having a tough, aggressive attorney is essential, but they also need to be courteous to everyone. This includes the insurance company, officers of the court, witnesses, and the defendant.
- Determined. Haggling with tough insurance companies isn’t for the faint of heart. Your lawyer should be relentless in pushing aside their delay tactics.
- Realistic. Some cases end in a huge settlement, but many cases only settle for $10,000 or $20,000. Your attorney should be able to level with you about what the case is worth.
Were You In A Car Accident? Contact One Of Our Personal Injury Lawyers Today
If you were in a car accident in Dallas or Fort Worth and another party was negligent, you may be due compensation for your injuries, lost earnings, and pain and suffering. Contact the Francis Firm car accident attorneys today for a complimentary case review.
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Common Injuries from Car Accidents
- How Common are Car Accidents
- Common Causes of Car Accidents
- What Happens To My Vehicle After An Auto Accident?
- What Is Automobile Negligence?
- Why Should I Hire A Car Accident Lawyer?
- Who Will Pay My Medical Bills If I Am Involved In A Car Accident?
- What If I Am Hit By Someone Driving A Rental Car?
- What Happens If I Am Injured By A Driver From Another State?
- What If A Family Member Dies In An Auto Accident?
- What Is Bodily Injury Coverage?
- What Is Mandatory Insurance Coverage In Texas?
- Can I Still Recover Damages If I Am Partially At Fault For A Car Accident In Texas?