Getting Your Keller Traffic Accident Report
If you are involved in a traffic accident and the Keller Police Department responds, officers will write a report of the incident.
This is called a traffic accident report and often becomes an important piece of information for an insurance claim or court case.
Requesting a copy of your accident report is the best way to ensure all the details of your crash were recorded correctly.
If you have been in an accident in Keller, you may request your report online, in person or by mail, email or fax.
Let Us Get your Keller Police Department Accident Report
Provide us with the details of your accident and we’ll get a copy of the report for you.
*Please note, this service is available to those involved in a crash that needs help getting a copy of their report, not other law firms or insurance companies.
How to Request a Copy of Your Keller Accident Report
There are several ways to request a copy of your traffic accident report from the Keller Police Department, depending on the date of your accident. Reports for accidents on or after July 1, 2008, are available online. Accidents before July 1, 2008, can be requested in person, or by mail, email or fax.
Online CRASH REPORTS
Crash reports may be obtained online using the Texas Department of Transportation's (TxDOT) Crash Report Online Purchase System.
To search for a report, you will need to enter the following information:
- Report ID
- Name of Person Involved in Crash
- Crash Date
- County and City
Important Notes About your Online Report Request
- Online reports cost $6.00 and are available to print after purchase with a major credit card.
- Please allow three to five business days from the time of the accident to access your report. If the report you are looking for is unavailable and it has been five or more business days contact Keller Police records at (817) 743-4510.
- Once posted online, accident reports will remain available via the internet.
Other Ways to Get a Copy of your Report.
You can also request a copy of a Police Accident Report in person or by mail, email or fax. Reports for accidents occurring before July 1, 2008, are only available in the following ways.
Visit the police facility located at 330 Rufe Snow Drive, Keller, TX 76248.
Send an email request to either Susan Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org or Julie Cure at email@example.com
Fax a written request to (817) 743-4591.
Important to Note When Obtaining A Copy of Your Accident Report
- Please remember to provide as much information as possible to assist the records technicians in locating the correct record.
- In compliance with the Texas Public Information Act and upon proper request, the Keller Police Department will provide a copy of all information deemed a public record by the act, for a fee and within ten (10) working days of receipt of the request. Records that cannot be released will be referred to the Attorney General of the State of Texas.
- Contact the records department to find out the fees associated with your report.
- For questions or more information, contact the Police Records Department at (817) 743-4510.
Were You Injured In a Car Accident?
If you or a loved one was in a car accident, and especially if you were injured, getting your Keller police report is only the first step.