Premises Liability Lawyer Lawyer With a Track Record of Success In Southlake
Slip-and-falls, dog bites, and other injuries can happen in a matter of moments. When you are injured on someone else’s property as a result of a dangerous or defective condition, you might suffer personal injuries and incur significant damages. Working with a Southlake premises liability lawyer will help you get the medical care you need to recover from your injuries.
What is Meant by Premises Liability?
Put simply, premises liability holds a party responsible for injuries that occur on their property. Both businesses and private homeowners may be sued under premises liability when a victim suffers personal injuries on the property.
How do Premises Liability Accidents Commonly Happen?
Consider the following examples of premises liability claims:
- Distracted driving. Distracted driving causes more than 3,000 deaths a year nationwide. The use of cell phones and mobile devices is a common cause of distracted driving, which is why texting and driving is prohibited in Southlake and through out Texas.
- Failure to use rear-view mirrors. Drivers must look for motorcyclists using their rear-view mirrors
- Slip and fall on a wet floor in a restaurant or supermarket
- Being bitten by a dog at someone’s house
- Swimming pool accidents
- Being assaulted or injured as a result of inadequate building security
- Elevator or escalator accidents
- Falling on snow, ice, or another substance such as oil on the ground
- Amusement park accidents
- Becoming injured as a result of a defective or dangerous condition on the premises, such as a broken railing
- Becoming injured as a result of a lack of proper maintenance of the premises, such as being burned or electrocuted due to loose wiring
What Does a Premises Liability Lawyer Do?
A knowledgeable premises liability lawyer can help you build your case and advocate on your behalf so that you receive a fair and reasonable settlement offer.
A premises liability lawyer also helps their clients get the medical care they need in order to recover from their injuries. They advise you of your rights and options after your injury, and they strategize with you regarding potential next steps to take in your case.
How Can A Lawyer Help Get the Compensation You Deserve?
A Southlake premises liability lawyer can also help investigate the facts of your case, by reviewing important evidence, speaking with witnesses, and recreating the scene of the accident as needed.
They will research applicable laws, including the law of negligence and liability. They will help you assess and ascertain the true extent of your damages so that you can recover the full and fair amount of compensation you deserve. They will file your claim in the appropriate court, following the applicable statutes of limitations, and they will prepare the pleadings, motions, and other documents that are necessary in your case.
Why is Using a Premises Liability Lawyer Advisable?
Premises liability claims can be lengthy, difficult, and complex. In order to recover, you will need to prove liability: that the other party is responsible for the injuries you have suffered on their property.
Generally, this means you’ll need to prove that the other party knew or should have known of a dangerous or defective condition on the premises and that they allowed that condition to directly cause your injuries. Proving liability is never clear-cut or easy, and an experienced Southlake premises liability attorney can be invaluable to your claim.
Premises liability cases can involve specific legal considerations based on your classification as a visitor — in some cases, different standards of proof will apply to the legal duty that’s owed to social visitors versus business visitors. In Southlake Texas, if you are a business visitor or employee – called an invitee – you are owed the duty to warn or make safe any condition posing an unreasonable risk about which the landowner has actual or constructive knowledge. If you are a social guest or licensee, the landowner must warn or make safe any condition posing an unreasonable risk of harm that is actually known to the landowner and is not similarly known by you.
Moreover, premises liability cases can involve several different parties, including large insurance companies, whose goal will be to minimize your payout as much as possible. For example, your claim might be against the landlord of a building, a tenant who leases the space, the owner of a business, a government agency, a property management company, or even an event promoter. Going up against a large insurer or other businesses will mean a considerable difference in power dynamics: while the insurance company will have significant legal and financial resources available, most victims of personal injuries do not. Hiring a knowledgeable and experienced premises liability attorney can level the playing field and ensure your rights and interests are protected.
Damages also play an important part in proving a premises liability claim. Your damages will likely include the cost of your medical treatments, doctor’s visits, prescription drug costs, and any hospital stays. Further, you might incur lost wages if you become unable to work as a result of your injuries, or even the loss of future wages if you can no longer work in your current position. You might also incur general damages, such as your pain and suffering, your mental anguish and psychological distress, and the overall loss of your quality of life after the accident. For example, you might no longer be able to enjoy certain activities or engage in some of the same activities as before. Your damages will need to be carefully considered and proven, and a Southlake premises liability lawyer can work with you to establish your damages so that you can request proper compensation.
The field of personal injury law is vast, and it encompasses many different types of cases.
Some of the practice areas in which a Francis Firm lawyer can help:
- Car accidents. These often occur due to the negligence or carelessness of other drivers, resulting in damages to the victim.
- Truck accidents. These involve a commercial vehicle and can cause serious, sometimes catastrophic injuries.
- Wrongful death claims. We help hold parties responsible for causing the negligent or wrongful death of a loved one.
- Brain injuries. When someone suffers a blow to the head, it can seriously affect the victim’s quality of life.
- Construction accidents. Whether you were injured at work or as a visitor or passerby to a construction site.
- Product liability claims. This involves defective or dangerous products or the lack of warnings about those products.
- Premises liability claims. These occur when the victim is injured on the property of another, whether someone else’s home or a business.
Why Choose The Francis Firm for Your Southlake Premises Liability Claim?
If you or someone you love is injured in a motorcycle accident, it’s important to consult with a Southlake motorcycle accident lawyer right away.
If you were hurt because of dangerous conditions on a property, time is of the essence to seek all available legal remedies under Southlake Texas law. Our attorneys can help you hold the owner of the property liable for the injuries you have suffered. For more information on your rights, please contact The Francis Firm to set up a free case assessment with a premises liability lawyer in Southlake. When you hire the Francis Firm for your premises liability claim, there will never be any legal fees or costs until we recover money for you.
If you or someone you love suffers an injury in Southlake, call us now! We offer free personal injury consultations and work on a contingency fee basis. This means you will never owe us anything — including legal fees — until we recover money for your claim. A Francis Firm premises liability lawyer proudly serve Southlake other nearby communities in Texas. Contact us today through our online form or call (817) 329-9001