Nuestros abogados bilingües pueden ayudarse. Si usted no puede venir a nosotros, podemos venir a usted. Si no ganamos - No hay costo para usted.
Car and truck accidents happen every day throughout the United States, leading to serious and fatal injuries suffered by unsuspecting, innocent victims.
At the Francis Law Firm, our Irving accident lawyers believe that those who are involved and injured in accidents deserve the counsel of an experienced attorney who’s committed to getting them the maximum possible settlement. Call our law firm today and let us help you understand your rights, get the medical treatment you need and the compensation you deserve.
What to Do After an Accident in Irving
After being in a car accident in Irving, there are a few things that you'll want to do before you begin your personal injury case:
- Make sure you and all passengers are safe. If you can, move your car off the road to avoid another accident. If you can't drive your car, turn on your hazard lights to warn other drivers.
- Get help if someone is injured. After calling an ambulance, call the police to report your crash. When an officer arrives, they will file a report with all the details of the crash.
- Gather evidence from the scene of the accident. Get contact and insurance information from other drivers involved in the accident. Document the make, model, and year of the vehicles in the crash and their license plate numbers. If there were witnesses to the accident, collect their contact information as well. Lastly, write down the location or address of the accident and take pictures of everything.
- File a claim with an Irving accident lawyer and report the crash to your insurance company as soon as possible.
Once you have completed these steps, contact an aggressive and experienced personal injury attorney in Irving to help you file your claim.
Benefits of Getting an Irving Police Report
An Irving police report is the official report of an accident. The responding officer documents information from the crash at the scene of the accident. This includes weather conditions, fault, the cause of the accident, and the date and time of the accident.
It is essential to get a copy of your report as soon as possible to help determine the following:
- Your personal injury settlement, should you choose to file a claim,
- The treatment of your injuries, and
- How your insurance provider will handle the claim.
Once you get your Irving police report, make sure to keep your copy in a safe place. You will need to bring this report to your insurance agents, lawyers, and anyone else who is helping with this process.
Our Irving Accident Practice Areas
Our Irving accident lawyers are here to offer you the support and counsel you need after you are involved in a serious accident. Our attorneys have experience working on various types of accident claims, including:
- Truck accidents;
- Car accidents;
- Motorcycle Accidents;
- Texting and driving crashes;
- Drunk driving accidents;
- Distracted driver crashes;
- T-bone collisions;
- Head-on accidents;
- Hit-and-run accidents; and
Our law firm can also assist you if you’ve been in an accident that does not involve a motor vehicle.
Why You Need an Irving Accident Lawyer
Choosing to hire an Irving accident lawyer or Irving truck accident attorney after a crash is one of the most important decisions you’ll ever make. Indeed, each day that you wait to take action, evidence is lost and your chances of recovering the full settlement you deserve become a little bleaker. When you hire one of our attorneys, you can count on:
- A free consultation to discuss your case;
- A full investigation of your accident, what caused it, and what your injuries are;
- An advocate who is committed to getting you the maximum compensation award possible;
- A partner who has the resources your case requires;
- A skilled negotiator who knows how to work with tough insurance adjusters; and
- A skilled litigator who won’t hesitate to bring your case to court if that’s what it takes.
Forms of Compensation Under Texas Law
After being injured in an accident that was someone else's fault, you're likely wondering who will pay for your damages and injuries.
When someone doesn't exercise proper care in a situation that results in your injuries, you can hold them responsible for the full value of your damages.
In Texas, you can get compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages (present and future)
- Non-economic damages
Keep every bill and receipt that resulted from your injuries and accident. If you don't, your compensation could be affected. Make copies of everything, and keep all your records in a safe place.
Time Is Ticking on Your Right to Recovery
After an accident in Irving, you only have so much time to act. Not only do you need to worry about the memories of key witnesses becoming hazy, evidence being destroyed, and the risk of an insurance adjuster denying a claim that isn’t reported in a timely manner, but you also need to worry about the statute of limitations in Texas. The statute of limitations is two years from the date of the
If you wait longer than two years from the date that your car or truck accident occurred, you can be permanently barred from recovery.
The Francis Law Firm Has Your Back
If you’ve been injured in an accident, it’s important to hire a personal injury attorney. Irving accident lawyers Michael Francis and Jennifer Montemayor are prepared to advocate for you. Our law firm is highly-regarded, experienced, and we always put our clients first.
To learn more about our process and how we can help you, please call our lawyers directly or send us a message telling us more about your accident and injuries. Personal injury case consultations are always free.