Truck Accident Lawyers With a Track Record of Success In Irving
Commercial vehicle accident cases can be complex, particularly without the help of an experienced and knowledgeable attorney. If you’re involved in a truck accident, an Irving truck accident lawyer can help represent your interests, advocate on your behalf, and advise you of your legal rights
Few things are more frightening on the road than being in a truck accident. After all, commercial vehicles are large and heavy, and the crashes they cause tend to lead to serious injuries and significant damages—in some cases, even fatalities.
Truck crashes are on the rise: according to the National Safety Council, there were 5005 fatal crashes involving large trucks in 2019, which is a 43% increase since 2010.
How do Truck Accidents Commonly Happen?
Truck accidents often happen as a result of reckless or negligent conduct by the truck driver or the trucking company. The driver can cause an accident by speeding, ignoring the rules of the road, or driving recklessly, such as following too closely, not yielding, or failing to check blind spots.
In some cases, the driver is fatigued or might be distracted by electronic devices or other things. They may even be driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, making for dangerous conduct on the road.
Truck accidents can also be caused by the failure of the trucking company to properly maintain and inspect its fleet. Trucking companies owe a duty of reasonable care to ensure their vehicles are safe. When they fail to inspect and maintain their vehicles, it can lead to numerous issues, such as brake system failures, worn tires, suspension system issues, and broken lights, all of which can make the truck unsafe and likely to cause an accident. Improperly secured cargo is yet another reason truck accidents commonly occur: they can cause debris or cargo items to fall off the truck, causing a dangerous obstruction on the road or even hitting other vehicles with considerable force.
A trucking accident can result in severe injuries — after all, commercial vehicles are large and heavy, and can easily crush the occupants of the other vehicle. In commercial vehicle accidents, smaller cars will tend to absorb most of the impact, making serious injuries more likely. Moreover, many truck accidents tend to occur on highways, which means they tend to happen at higher speeds. A slew of severe injuries might result, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries, head injuries, and concussions
- Back, neck, and spinal injuries, including the potential for paralysis
- Serious internal injuries
- Whiplash, broken bones, abrasions, and soft tissue injuries
- Wrongful death
What Does a Truck Accident Lawyer Do?
Personal injury lawyers in Irving assist their clients with recovering from the damages they suffered in a commercial vehicle accident. They help make sure that clients receive the medical care they need.
They help build their client’s case by investigating the facts of the accident, interviewing witnesses, and reconstructing the accident scene. They also research the law and apply it to the client’s specific case, filing pleadings and other documents in the appropriate court.
How Can They Help Victims Get the Compensation They Deserve?
The role of a knowledgeable Irving truck accident lawyer is to be an advocate for the client, to negotiate a fair and reasonable settlement with the other parties and their insurance companies, and to present a strong case for the client in court.
But an experienced trucking accident lawyer will go above and beyond. They are compassionate, handling their client’s legal case so that the client can focus on putting their life back together after the crash.
Why Might Someone Need a Truck Accident Lawyer?
An Irving truck accident lawyer can be an invaluable asset in your case. Consider the following reasons you might need to hire an experienced personal injury lawyer:
- The facts of your claim may be complex. For example, liability may not be clear or may be difficult to prove, particularly if several factors contributed to the accident, such as weather or road conditions. You might also need to file a claim against multiple parties, such as the driver of the truck and the company for which they work, which complicates the matter even more.
- The applicable law is complex and involved. Liability and damages must both be proven in a truck accident claim, and that can make for a difficult experience without the help of an attorney who not only knows the law but also aptly applies it to the specific facts of your case.
- You may be running out of time to file your claim. In Texas, for example, personal injury matters generally have a two-year statute of limitations by which your claim must be filed, or else it is lost. An experienced truck accident attorney can make sure your filings are on time, including any pleadings, motions, or other documents that need to be filed in court.
- You may need the help of an attorney to file your claim in court. A truck accident lawyer will be knowledgeable about both the law of negligence and the correct court procedures involved.
- Negotiations will be greatly helped by the work of a knowledgeable attorney. Settlement negotiations can be lengthy and complicated, particularly when you are squaring up against a large insurance company whose goal is to limit your recovery. Hiring an Irving truck accident lawyer can help level the playing field.
If you’ve been injured in a trucking accident, you should not attempt to recover from your injuries alone. An experienced and knowledgeable Irving truck accident lawyer will help advocate for a fair and reasonable settlement on your behalf.
The field of personal injury law is vast, and it encompasses many different types of cases. Some of the practice areas in which a Francis Firm lawyer can help:
- Car accidents. These often occur due to the negligence or carelessness of other drivers, resulting in damages to the victim.
- Truck accidents. These involve a commercial vehicle and can cause serious, sometimes catastrophic injuries.
- Motorcycle accidents. This might happen when a rider is injured due to the negligence of another driver on the road.
- Wrongful death claims. We help hold parties responsible for causing the negligent or wrongful death of a loved one.
- Brain injuries. When someone suffers a blow to the head, it can seriously affect the victim’s quality of life.
- Construction accidents. Whether you were injured at work or as a visitor or passerby to a construction site.
- Product liability claims. This involves defective or dangerous products or the lack of warnings about those products.
- Premises liability claims. These occur when the victim is injured on the property of another, whether someone else’s home or a business.
Why Choose The Francis Firm for Your Bedford Truck Accident Claim?
Michael Francis and the truck accident lawyers at the Francis Firm have decades of experience litigating cases involving trucks and other commercial motor vehicles in Irving Texas. In fact, Michael Francis previously worked as a trucking company defense lawyer, representing many of the largest trucking companies in the country. This experience gives the Francis Firm unique insight into trucking company operations and the way trucking companies will defend lawsuits.
The lawyers at the Francis Firm will help you get the medical care you need, walk you through the entire process, provide the legal expertise and resources necessary to fight the trucking companies, handle settlement negotiations on your behalf, and pursue justice for you. If you or someone you love has been injured or killed in a trucking collision, let us help you get the maximum possible recovery.
Hiring an experienced and knowledgeable Irving truck accident lawyer can make all the difference: They will not only help you build a stronger case based on the evidence but also advocate on your behalf during settlement negotiations and in court if needed.
No matter the nature or severity of your injuries we can help. If you cannot come to our office, a Francis Firm truck accident lawyer can come to you in Irving. We will fight to protect your legal rights.
If you or someone you love suffers a personal injury in Irving TX, call us now! You don’t have to fight this battle alone. Please reach out to us online or call us at (817) 329-9001 today for a free, no-obligation consultation. With our office in Southlake, we serve communities throughout the Dallas – Fort Worth area and throughout the state of Texas.