Truck Accident Lawyer With a Track Record of Success In Bedford
Any traffic accident can cause personal injury and upend your life, but truck accidents, in particular, can be detrimental. Being in a crash with a commercial vehicle can mean severe personal injuries, a lengthy recovery, and significant damages. An experienced truck accident lawyer serving Bedford can be invaluable, ensuring that you bring the strongest claim possible and hold the responsible parties and their insurance companies liable for the accident.
How do Truck Accidents Commonly Happen?
It only takes a split second for a commercial vehicle to become involved in an accident — particularly if either the driver or the trucking company is negligent or reckless in their operation of the truck. There are many potential reasons behind 18 wheeler accidents:
- The driver of the truck may be driving recklessly or ignoring traffic laws or the rules of the road. Driver error or negligence can include failing to yield or stop when needed, going above the speed limit, following too closely, or failing to check blind spots.
- The driver of the semi truck may be drowsy and fatigued. They may be driving distracted, such as using electronic devices when they should be paying attention to the road. The driver may even be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, making their presence on the road extremely dangerous.
- The trucking company may have failed to maintain or inspect the truck properly, directly leading to the cause of the accident. Trucking companies have a responsibility to properly maintain their fleet and periodically inspect their trucks to ensure they are safe for the road. Failure to do so might lead to numerous issues, such as brake system failures, worn tires, suspension system issues, and broken lights, all of which can make the truck unsafe and likely to cause an accident.
- The driver and trucking company may have failed to load or secure cargo properly. Large, heavy items or debris may fall off, creating a significant force upon impact, which can make for dangerous or even deadly driving conditions.
- The truck itself might be defective, possibly as a result of errors by the truck manufacturer. Faulty brake or suspension systems, for example, can cause serious accidents. While the manufacturer may be partially liable for an accident, in this case, it is also important to ascertain whether the trucking company’s failure to maintain or inspect the truck contributed to the crash and the injuries that resulted.
What Types of Injuries Often Result From Truck Accidents?
Commercial vehicle accidents often result in serious injuries. Due to their sheer size and weight — trucks can weigh as much as 40,000 pounds, and some carry as much as 80,000 pounds of cargo — when a truck is involved in an accident, it can easily crush the occupants of the other vehicle.
In commercial vehicle accidents, smaller cars will tend to absorb most of the impact, making serious injuries more likely. Moreover, many trucking accidents tend to occur on highways, which means they tend to happen at higher speeds.
Traumatic brain injuries, concussions, and other head injuries are very common during a trucking accident. Also common are injuries to the back and spine, including disc injuries, broken neck, back, or spinal damage, and possibly even paralysis. Broken bones, lacerations and cuts, serious internal injuries, and whiplash are all common. In some cases, a truck accident can also lead to the wrongful death of the victim. That is when an experienced lawyer can help get you help you need.
Why is Using a Truck Accident Lawyer Advisable?
If you’ve been injured in a trucking accident, you should not attempt to recover from your injuries alone. An experienced and knowledgeable Bedford truck accident lawyer will help advocate for a fair and reasonable settlement on your behalf.
Negotiating a settlement is a lengthy and often complex endeavor, but a skilled truck accident lawyer will navigate settlement talks with the other parties and their insurance companies.
Recovering and securing compensation for an accident can be complicated. This difficult path can be navigated with the help of an experienced lawyer. These types of cases are often difficult to settle, in part because you will need to establish liability against the parties who were responsible for causing the crash. In many cases, this means having to establish liability against both the driver of the truck and the trucking company, which complicates matters even more. For instance, it is possible that the driver was acting reckless or negligent at the time of the crash, but their actions were exacerbated by the trucking company’s failure to properly maintain or inspect the commercial vehicle.
When you file a truck accident claim, you will also need to deal with the insurance companies involved. This will likely mean unequal bargaining power: while large insurers have significant financial and legal resources at their disposal, victims typically do not. The goal of the insurance company will be to limit your recovery as much as possible. By hiring an experienced Bedford truck accident lawyer, you can level the playing field, ensuring your rights are properly represented. A knowledgeable and effective attorney will negotiate with the other parties and their insurance companies to obtain a fair and reasonable settlement offer.
Our Bedford trucking accident lawyers can discuss your rights, options, and possible legal strategies with you. We will meet with you to go over the details of your claim, investigate the facts, and interview potential witnesses. We will work with you to ensure you are receiving the medical care you need throughout your recovery, and we will negotiate a fair and reasonable settlement offer with the other parties and their insurance companies.
The field of personal injury law is vast, and it encompasses many different types of cases. Some of the practice areas in which a Francis Firm lawyer can help:
- Car accidents. These often occur due to the negligence or carelessness of other drivers, resulting in damages to the victim.
- Truck accidents. These involve a commercial vehicle and can cause serious, sometimes catastrophic injuries. Motorcycle accidents.
- Motorcycle accidents. This might happen when a rider is injured due to the negligence of another driver on the road.
- Wrongful death claims. We help hold parties responsible for causing the negligent or wrongful death of a loved one.
- Brain injuries. When someone suffers a blow to the head, it can seriously affect the victim’s quality of life.
- Construction accidents. Whether you were injured at work or as a visitor or passerby to a construction site.
- Product liability claims. This involves defective or dangerous products or the lack of warnings about those products.
- Premises liability claims. These occur when the victim is injured on the property of another, whether someone else’s home or a business.
Why Choose The Francis Firm for Your Bedford Truck Accident Claim?
Our truck accident lawyers at the Francis Firm have decades of experience litigating cases involving trucks and other commercial motor vehicles. If you or someone you love has been injured or killed in a trucking collision, let us help. Let the experienced trial lawyers at the Francis Firm help you understand your rights, get the medical care you need, and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Hiring an experienced and knowledgeable Bedford truck accident lawyer can make all the difference: They will not only help you build a stronger case based on the evidence but also advocate on your behalf during settlement negotiations and in court if needed.
Michael Francis is Board Certified in Personal Injury Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and has more than twenty-five years of experience litigating cases throughout the State of Texas, against many of the largest corporations and insurance companies. He has secured verdicts and settlements for clients totaling more than $30,000,000.
No matter the nature or severity of your injuries we can help. If you cannot come to our office, a Francis Firm truck accident lawyer can come to you in Bedford. We will fight to protect your legal rights.
If you or someone you love suffers a personal injury in Bedford TX, call us now! You don’t have to fight this battle alone. Please reach out to us online or call us at (817) 329-9001 today for a free, no-obligation consultation. With our office in Southlake, we serve communities throughout the Dallas – Fort Worth area and throughout the state of Texas.