Bedford Car Accident Lawyer With a Track Record of Success
Being in a car accident can result in serious personal injuries and damages. If you’ve been involved in an automobile crash, an experienced Francis Firm Bedford car accident lawyer can help you recover compensation for your damages.
What Kinds of Car Accidents Commonly Occur Around Bedford?
There are many reasons behind Bedford car accidents. Not surprisingly, speeding and the failure to observe traffic laws and the rules of the road cause the vast majority of these crashes.
The Texas Department of Transportation reports: “Most crashes in Texas result from speeding, failure to yield, driving under the influence of alcohol, following too closely, and running red lights and stop signs.”
Additionally, Bedford car accidents are often caused by drowsy or distracted driving, stemming from such activities as the use of electronic devices, eating or drinking, or playing music too loudly while driving. Poor weather conditions, visibility, construction, and road conditions are also various reasons behind motor vehicle accidents.
What Kinds of Injuries Can Occur in These Accidents?
A Bedford car accident can lead to many different types of personal injuries, many of which can require lengthy and expensive medical treatment.
You should always consult your medical professional after a wreck, even if at first you feel fine or believe your injuries are minor — some injuries can take longer to manifest, and waiting to get treatment may exacerbate them.
Auto accidents often result in the following common types of injuries:
- Traumatic brain injuries, head injuries, or concussions.
- Trauma to your spine, back, or neck.
- Damage to your vital internal organs.
- Soft tissue injuries and whiplash.
- Cuts, abrasions, and fractures.
- In some cases, paralysis or coma; in the most severe cases, wrongful death.
After a car accident, you might incur various types of damages. There are your medical expenses, first and foremost, including doctor’s visits, hospital stays, medical testing and imaging, physical therapy or rehabilitation expenses, and prescription medication costs. You might also have damage to your vehicle, requiring repairs or replacement.
Moreover, if you are unable to work as a result of the crash, you might incur lost wages or loss of income. In addition to those economic damages, you might be able to recover compensation for your pain and suffering, mental anguish, and loss of enjoyment of activities that you are no longer able to do after the pileup. Basically, the overall decline in your quality of life as a result of the crash accounts for some of the damages you may be able to recover in your car accident case.
What Should You Do After a Car Accident?
Immediately after your Bedford car accident, you should contact the authorities and report the crash. Seek medical help as soon as possible, even if you feel fine, as some trauma can manifest days or even weeks after the accident. If you are able, take photographs of the accident scene, as well as any injuries or damage to your vehicle or other personal property. Be sure to take down contact information for the other party involved and any witnesses.
In the days and weeks after the collision, it is important, first and foremost, that you continue to receive the medical care you need in order to get better. It is just as important that you contact a Bedford car accident lawyer, who can apprise you of your legal rights and options and discuss with you the potential next steps to take in your case.
Why Hire a Bedford Car Accident Attorney?
A knowledgeable and experienced Bedford car accident lawyer can help you with many different facets of your case. For example:
- A lawyer will offer you sound legal advice, applying the law to the specific facts of your case.
- They can investigate the facts of your incident, including interviewing witnesses and reconstructing the accident scene.
- A lawyer will accurately assess the damages in your case, both when it comes to costs you’ve incurred as a result of personal injury and the overall decline in the quality of your life.
- They can research the law, procedures, and processes involved—some of which are quite complex and require in-depth knowledge of personal injury law.
- An attorney will conduct formal discovery on your behalf, gathering important information from the other party and their insurance company.
- They can draft important documents, correspondence, and pleadings to get your case started.
- Your lawyers will file your claim with the appropriate court in the appropriate jurisdiction.
- They can gather important evidence to help prove the significant issues of liability and damages.
- your lawyer will negotiate with the insurance company toward a fair and reasonable settlement offer.
- Your attorneys can communicate with the insurer, the other party, or their attorney about your case so that you can focus on getting better, rather than on getting compensation.
- They can put together a strong case on your behalf to present in court.
- Your lawyer will advocate on your behalf for a fair resolution of the dispute.
How Can The Francis Firm Help?
Car accident claims are all about protecting your rights and holding parties responsible when their careless or negligent acts cause you suffering on the road and adversely impact your life as a result. If you’ve been involved in a car accident in or around Bedford, you need the help of a capable professional who can advocate on your behalf. Don’t wait: the time to call an experienced car accident lawyer is now.
No matter the nature or severity of your trauma we can help. If you cannot come to our office, a Francis Firm personal injury lawyer in Bedford can come to you. We will fight to protect your legal rights.
If you or someone you love suffers a personal injury in Bedford TX, call us now! You don’t have to fight this battle alone. Please reach out to us online or call us at (817) 329-9001 today for a free, no-obligation consultation. With our office in Southlake, we serve communities throughout the Dallas – Fort Worth area and throughout the state of Texas.