How to Get a Police Accident Report in Southlake

July 1, 2019 | By Francis Firm Injury Attorneys
How to Get a Police Accident Report in Southlake
how to get a police accident report in southlake

Accident reports are created by the police officer who responds to your crash. Because they are often used as evidence for your insurance claim or court case, it is important to request a copy of your accident report and be sure all the details are accurate.

If you have been involved in an accident and a Southlake Police officer responded, you may request your report in the following ways.

Let us get your Southlake Police Department Accident Report.

Provide us with the details of your accident and we’ll get a copy of the report for you.

*Please note, this service is available to anyone involved in a crash that needs help getting a copy of their report, not other law firms or insurance companies.

How to request a copy of your Southlake Accident Report

There are several ways to request a copy of your traffic accident report, depending on the date of your accident. Reports for accidents on or after July 1, 2008, are available online. For accidents before July 1, 2008, submit a written request by mail, fax, or in person to the Records Division.

Online Accident Reports

Accident reports (for collisions on or after July 1, 2008) may be accessed online through PoliceReports.US.  

To purchase a report, you will need to enter the following information:

  • State and Jurisdiction
  • Report number; or
  • Last name of someone involved in the accident; and
  • Date of the accident

Important Notes About your Online Report Request

  • Online reports cost $6.00 and are available to print after purchase with a major credit card.
  • Please allow three to five business days from the time of the accident to access your report. If the report you are looking for is unavailable and it has been five or more business days contact the Southlake Police Records Division at (817) 748-8910 for help. 
  • Once posted online, accident reports will remain available via the internet.

Other ways to get a copy of your report.

Reports can also be requested in person or by mail, email or fax. Reports for accidents occurring before July 1, 2008, are only available in the following ways.

In Person Reports

You may request your accident report M-F, 8 am-5pm at the:

Department of Public Safety,

DPS Headquarters, second floor

600 State Street

Southlake, TX 76092

Get directions

Reports by Mail

Southlake Police Department

ATTN:  Records Division

600 State Street

Southlake, TX 76092

Email Your Request

Fax Request

Fax your request attn: Records Coordinator at (817) 748-8375.

Important to Note When Obtaining A Copy of Your Accident Report

  • If you cannot locate the report you need, are looking for an older report, or have any other questions, call the Southlake Police Records Division at (817) 748-8910 for assistance.

Have You Been Injured In a Car Accident?

If you or a loved one was in a car accident, and especially if you were injured, getting your Southlake police report is only the first step. Contact The Francis Firm today by filling out our form or giving us a call at 817-329-9001 to schedule a free personal injury consultation.