Car accidents are a top safety concern in Keller, Texas. People who become victims of car accidents may suffer physical pain, injuries, mental and emotional distress, accumulating medical bills, lost income, and more. These hardships can lead to traumatic and devastating situations for victims and their families, which are hard to overcome.
However, the good news is that the Keller car accident attorneys at Francis Firm can navigate the legal process for you. We will fight for your right to compensation for your injuries, pain and suffering, and other losses from your accident.
How the Francis Firm Helps Car Accident Victims
The car accident attorneys at Francis Firm use our experience, knowledge, and skills to help our clients obtain the best outcomes possible for their cases.
While past cases never guarantee future results, the following recent outcomes demonstrate our commitment to car accident claims:
- $1,970,000 for a victim of a drunk driving accident
- $1,200,000 for two sisters injured in a truck crash while driving to work
- $1,050,000 for a husband and wife hit by a truck on I-35
- $900,000 for a motorcyclist with leg injuries from a traffic collision
We are not only aggressive and convincing but also know the laws and statutes surrounding car accidents in Keller.
Therefore, we are prepared and ready to assist you with all types of car accidents and collisions, including:
- Rear-end accidents
- Head-on collisions
- T-bone accidents
- Sideswipe accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- High-speed car accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk or intoxicated driving accidents
- Tired or fatigue accidents
- Backing up car accidents
- Single car accidents
- Multi-vehicle or pile-up car accidents
- Rollover accidents
As you can see, we handle an extensive list of different types of car accident cases. If you suffer an injury from a car accident you do not see on this list, please reach out, and our personal injury lawyers in Keller will be glad to review your claim and discuss helping you.
Who Is Liable for My Car Accident?
It is common to want to find out who is liable for your car accident and hold them accountable for their actions.
As professional lawyers representing car accident victims, Francis Firm will investigate to determine responsibility for your accident as quickly as possible. We will consider several different parties, as more than one party may share responsibility for your accident.
The following are a few of the parties we will look at when it comes to determining partial or full liability:
- Car or auto part manufacturers
- Car owners
- Mechanic or repair companies
- Government agencies responsible for road maintenance
- Road maintenance crews
- Car rental or lease companies
The Losses I Can Claim for My Car Accident
Being involved in a car accident is often frightening and overwhelming. That is why you need a law firm that will step in and remain by your side, ensuring you receive the proper compensation you deserve for your losses. The impact of a car accident can negatively change your life in so many ways, and you may need time to consider when developing a list.
Some of the losses that are commonly claimed by clients include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Property or car damage/ repair costs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional and mental trauma/ distress
- Counseling expenses
- Home modifications
- Occupational therapy fees
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of enjoyment of activities
- Loss of companionship
- Caregiving and other hired services
What Types of Evidence Help Prove Fault for a Car Accident?
Collecting evidence is one of the most critical parts of a car accident case, helping you prove negligence, which is a must when filing a claim against the at-fault parties.
It is usually not enough for you to state that the other driver ran a red light and slammed into your vehicle, causing your injuries. Instead, you and your lawyer will work together to gather the appropriate evidence to show that this scenario happened.
Here is the key evidence we will track down to support your claim:
- Surveillance or video footage
- Witness statements and testimonies
- Cell phone records
- Medical records
- Police reports
- Vehicle damage
Common Injuries From Car Accidents
Car accidents can cause minor and severe injuries. However, it is essential to realize that even though accidents may seem minor, they can still lead to severe injuries and permanent disability.
The car accident lawyers at our firm frequently assist car accident victims with the following injuries:
- Head trauma and skull fractures
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Whiplash and neck injuries
- Broken, crushed, and fractured bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Burn injuries
- Severe scarring
- Amputations or loss of limbs
- Internal bleeding
- Internal organ damage
- Severe bruising
- Abdominal injuries
- Chest injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Mental and emotional trauma (PTSD, fear of driving, anxiety)
When experiencing any of these injuries, your medical bills will likely pile up, causing intense stress and frustration. You may want to return to work to pay off some of your expenses. However, follow your doctor's orders and stay committed to your healing journey.
If an insurance company offers you a settlement, always consult your attorney to ensure it is fair and accurate. Our attorneys review our clients' settlement offers to ensure that the amount will cover their medical bills, replace their lost income, and help them get back on track after the accident.
How Will a Car Accident Lawyer from Francis Firm Help with My Case?
There are a variety of different ways that Francis Firm is happy to help you with your case, such as:
- Listening to you - We will give you our full attention and compassion while you tell us about your car accident experience. Our attorneys offer free consultations to meet you and learn about the facts and circumstances of your case. After we listen to your story, we will determine what legal options you should pursue to recover your losses from the accident.
- Handling communication and negotiating with insurance companies - Insurance companies can be irritating, especially during a complicated recovery. Therefore, you may not feel like answering their calls or responding to their emails during this time; however, our lawyers will step in and handle communication for you. We know how to negotiate and convince insurance companies to take your accident seriously.
- Answering any questions or concerns - We know questions and concerns will arise. That said, we are always available and ready to answer anything you are curious about. Our team ensures that our clients are updated and aware of everything going on with their car accident cases, and we consider their thoughts and opinions.
- Working with professionals to calculate compensation - Even though we may not understand the full amount of what certain losses are worth, we work with other professionals who can inform us of this information. Some professionals who help us calculate fair compensation amounts for our clients include accountants, doctors, nurses, mechanics, engineers, manufacturers, and more.
- Preparing to go to court if necessary - Sometimes, our attorneys may encounter roadblocks with insurance companies that keep us from reaching a fair and accurate compensation amount. When this happens, we prepare a strong case and get ready to go to court to represent you. Our team does not back down and will do everything possible to obtain the best results for your case.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Keller
After a car accident, your emotions and stress levels are likely high, and you may be in a lot of pain, which can cause you to feel lost and confused about what to do or where to turn. The car accident attorneys in Keller are here to explain what you should do and how you should prepare after being involved in a car accident. Here are eight steps you can take:
Seek medical treatment immediately
You must see a medical provider immediately after a car accident. This process usually requires visiting an emergency room, scheduling an appointment with your physician, or even going to local urgent care.
Regardless of how you plan to get medical treatment, you should not put this off. If you do, insurance companies will assume your injuries are not severe enough to need immediate medical care after the accident. Therefore, even if you think your injuries are minor or not severe, see a medical professional.
Get copies of the law enforcement report and medical records
Once a doctor examines and diagnoses your injuries, ask for a copy. Documentation will benefit your car accident claim by showing that you suffered injuries due to the accident and are participating in a treatment plan created by your doctor.
In addition, get a copy of the report written by the officers who responded to your car accident. This report will likely discuss what the officers saw when they arrived at your incident.
While you may feel overwhelmed by the situation, one of the top things you should still try to do is document everything about your accident, injuries, and recovery.
These steps include writing down anything you remember about the accident, any symptoms you experience, and anything your doctor told you about your medical records. Keep all receipts, bills, prescriptions, and any paperwork related to your accident and injuries.
Never miss a counseling or medical appointment
Even though you may not like attending certain appointments, you must never miss a doctor, counseling, or any other necessary meeting. You want to show the defendant's legal team and insurance company that you are consistently attending all your appointments to get the help you need medically and mentally since the accident.
Keep following the medical treatment plan your doctor created for you, so you heal as quickly as possible. The doctor's program will also show the defendant's legal team and insurance company that you are suffering from injuries and doing everything possible to heal completely.
Ensure your insurance company knows about your accident
Your insurance company should know about the accident as soon as possible, but have our car accident attorneys handle all communications with every insurance company - including your own.
Do not talk about the accident or post on social media
Although you may want to vent and talk about the accident, keeping details to yourself is advisable. Anything you say to others regarding the accident can get back to the defendant's legal team or insurance company, who can use this information against you in court. In addition, you should refrain from posting any information about your accident on social media because you never know who is looking at your accounts, and someone might use these details against you.
Hire a car accident lawyer
You must seek legal assistance from a car accident lawyer who will stand up and fight for your right to the compensation you deserve. At Francis Firm, we take these cases very seriously and will do everything possible to ensure we tell your story effectively.
While you focus on recovering, our team will investigate your car accident, handle all communication with insurance companies, collect evidence to support your claim, and prepare a solid and aggressive argument against the defendant.
Call Our Keller Car Accident Attorneys Today
The Francis Firm has over two decades of experience helping clients with car accident cases. During this time, our car accident attorneys have earned an excellent reputation and have proven that we have what it takes to secure the maximum compensation possible for injuries and losses.
We will always treat our clients with respect, kindness, and compassion the moment they walk through the door.
Our team knows and understands that car accidents are tough to handle; therefore, we will remain in your corner every step of the way. If you are ready for your free case evaluation, please call (817) 533-8773 or fill out our contact form today. We will listen to what happened to you, provide legal advice, and review how we can help you.